Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

From the Inside Flap

What If Life Wasn’t About Paying Bills, Working FOR a weekend, and Then Dying? Tired of sleepwalking through a mediocre life bribed by mindless video gaming, redemptive weekends, and a scant paycheck from a soul-suffocating job? Welcome to the SCRIPTED club, where membership is neither perceived or consented. The fact is, ever since you’ve been old enough to sit obediently in a classroom, you have been culturally engineered for servitude, unwittingly enslaved into a Machiavellian system where presumptive rules go unchallenged, sanctified traditions go unquestioned, and lifelong dreams go unfulfilled. As a result, life is hijacked and marginalized into debt, despair, and dependence. Fun fades. Dreams die. Your life’s consolation prize becomes a car and a weekend.Recapture what is yours and make a revolutionary repossession of life-and-liberty’s reins through the pursuit of ENTREPRENEURSHIP. Paradigm shift? Heck, the paradigm doesn’t need a damn shift,it needs to be thrown-out altogether.UNSCRIPTED shows you how to rewrite life’s dream-killing script. Ditch the job, flick Wall-Street the bird, and escape the insanity of trading your life away for a paycheck and an elderly promise called retirement. UNSCRIPT today and lead life, instead of life leading you.

About the Author

MJ DeMarco is a semi-retired entrepreneur, investor, self-made multimillionaire, and international best-selling author published in over 10 languages worldwide. He currently is the founder of The Fastlane Forum, a global business community featuring nearly 40,000 entrepreneurs and over 500,000 contributions. He currently resides in scenic Fountain Hills Arizona.

Newsflash: Wall-Street Ain’t Makin’ Ya Rich

Make no mistake, UNSCRIPTED is not about some stupid stock-market scheme that works only after 50 years of soul-crushing frugality reliant on Wall-Street miracles. It’s not about some trendy new marketing tactic that becomes fashionably overused with months-- Amazon already has a gazillion books on such trash. I wrote Unscripted to change your life.

Unfortunately, you have been Scripted to believe that such an exciting life is out of your reach, or only possible for a certain type of person; someone with a certain college degree, a certain amount of VC funding, or a certain connected list of friends from Stanford.

I am here to tell you, that none of it is true.

While I have been entrepreneur most of my life, I am no one special. You won’t read about me over at Tech Crunch or in some Silicon Valley newsletter. While I have been an internet entrepreneur since the old ‘you’ve got mail’ AOL days, I’ve never been funded by venture capitalists, I’ve never had a payroll with more than 5 people on it, and I’ve never studied computer science at school.

Despite this, I have created profitable businesses that create the type of UNSCRIPTED life described above. We are talking five- and six-figure monthly profits with valuations in the millions. Although I have had two successful exits, do not let that scare you; it is just a welcome side effect of the process.

So, if you are ready for the challenge, get ready for a sht-your-pants revelation that everything you have been taught is bullsht. Legendary bullsh*t.

Paradigm shift? Heck no. A paradigm shift won’t stop a sinking Titanic. The problem is the paradigm itself.

You have allowed the paradigm to set the rules, call the shots, and dictate the decisions. The problem is, you have allowed ordinary thinking preached by ordinary people to produce exactly that; an ordinary life.

The paradigm shift is realizing the paradigm is sh*t.

1 « J'aime »